Glen Revis – Fabrics & Materials Supplier
Alcantara® fabric is the choice of the most iconic, luxury and leading brands in the world because it is very luxurious but also extremely strong and durable yet still being sensual, soft to the touch and breathable. Virtually indestructible and elegant like nothing else makes it impossible to imitate, though many try and fail. It is in a category all of its own and nothing is like genuine Alcantara®. It is for this reason why we chose to be a supplier of this wonderful material.
Characteristics of Alcantara
Behind the soft appearance of Alcantara® there is a man made, extremely advanced product, the result of highly refined technology that assures the many qualities and standards demanded by the company. In strictly technical terms, Alcantara® is a micro fibrous material, a non-woven fabric. It’s extremely fine fibres are arranged to reproduce the microscopic structure of natural leather. Alcantara’s general features are a natural look with a fine ‘writing’ effect, dyeing possibilities in an extremely wide colour range, excellent colour fastness and wash and wear properties. It has excellent air permeability and is very light weight due to low density and there is no pilling. Alcantara® fabric material is great to work with – the ease of making up with standard technology, the dimensional stability is excellent and it maintains its form and is wrinkle free. Alcantara® material is constant with uniform characteristics. As a leading supplier of this wonderful material, you will get only expert advice on its potential uses and application.
There are a number of qualities of Alcantara® in different thicknesses and effects which lend themselves to a varied number of different applications as outlined below.
0.8 is the most used quality of Alcantara fabric & material and it has many varied applications. Main uses are:
- Trimming and appliques on clothing such as shoulder patches, elbow patches, collars, cuffs and pocket trims. Zipper tags and peaks on caps.
- Panelling and trimming in cars, dashboards, door cards, seats, speaker housing.
- Lining glasses and sun glasses cases.
- Smart phone and tablet cases as well as the case linings as this is great protection for the screen but also cleans it as the device is removed.
- Creating bags from, either hand bags, tote bags etc. Lining bags and covering luggage.
- Displays, window displays and jewellery stands.
- Interiors for wall coverings, head boards, beds.
- Lining chests, boxes and safes.
- Furniture lining such as drawer linings.
- Book bindings.
1.1 is thicker than 0.8 with having a bonded knitted backing, this makes it more suitable for heavier uses where it needs to be more stable and hard wearing. Main uses are:
- Covering luggage, making bags and cases.
- Foot wear, shoes and boots.
- Covers for electronic devices, smartphones, tablets, ereaders and ultrabooks.
- Centre panels of car seats.
0.6 is thinner than 0.8 and is perfect for garments and drapes beautifully. Main uses are:
- Dresses and skirts.
- Ladies trousers.
- Ladies jacket.
- Gentleman’s lounge jacket.
- Lining jewellery boxes.
Vision is the perforated version of Alcantara fabric and both 0.8 and 0.6 versions are available in Vision. There are 10 different styles of material perforation, please check with us for availability of style and colour. For colour please reference the respective quality colour card. The main uses are the same as for 0.8 and 0.6.
Pashma is two toned and available in 0.8 and 1.1.
Please contact us regarding this product so we can check availability of colours with Alcantara Spa as this is a specialist product.
Glen Revis – Your number 1 Alcantara® Supplier in the UK!